IoTech - IEEE Workshop on Internet of Things Technology and Architectures
The Workshop will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada, US, and will be co-located with the IEEE MASS 2012 conference.
11 October 2012
from 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
|Where||Las Vegas, USA|
|Contact Name||Michele Rossi|
|Contact Phone||+39 049 827 7915|
|Add event to calendar||
Technical Issues that the Workshop will address
IoTech will tackle technical issues related to fundamental as well as applied research on Internet of Things (IoTs). Our intention is being inclusive, gathering practitioners, implementors and researchers with differing backgrounds and expertise to foster technical discussion and collaborations among IoT technology. For this second edition we would like to emphasize two aspects: 1) on the one side, the ability to scavenge energy to facilitate a sustainable IoT; and 2) on the other side, the coexistence of different technologies in the IoT, e.g., (low-power) WiFi, IEEE 802.15.4 (and its many variants), LTE Femtocells as gateway access points, mixed wired and wireless network setups.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Energy efficient device architectures: emphasis will be given on novel hardware designs, especially exploiting or integrating systems for energy harvesting.
- Energy driven network design: emphasis will be given to papers dealing with self-sufficient devices with energy harvesting capabilities.
- Reference and concrete communication architectures for IoTs: emphasis will be given on the capability of scaling up to a large number of communicating devices.
- Communication protocol suites for energy constrained devices: theoretical investigation, design, implementation and experimental validation.
- Optimization and improvement of standard protocols for specific application domains: e.g., smart energy metering, for their usage within IoT domains.
- Lightweight signal processing techniques for smart objects: e.g., distributed Source Coding, Compressive Sensing, Lossless and lossy compression, etc.