IoTech -IEEE Workshop on Internet of Things Technology and Architectures
The Workshop, Co located with IEEE MASS 2011 will be held in Valencia, Spain, the 17th of October 2011
17 October 2011
from 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
|Add event to calendar||
The workshop is intended to fostering the discussion on IoT related issues, in particular focusing on technical enablers for the IoTs, such as practical architectures, software, communication protocols, schemes for interoperability and hardware. The aim is that of starting up a reference event to promote scientific discussion and spur joint initiatives. We think this is the right time to do so.
Technical Issues that the Workshop will address:
IoTech will tackle technical issues related to fundamental as well as applied research on Internet of Things (IoTs). The intention is being inclusive, gathering practitioners, implementors and researchers with differing backgrounds and expertise to start building a scientific community around this topic. The main technical issues that will be covered are:
- Reference and concrete architectures for IoTs (targeting communication, security, accounting, billing architectures, etc.).
- Service frameworks for the Internet of Things.
- Communication protocol suites for energy constrained (and possibly wireless) devices: theoretical investigation, design, implementation (e.g., IETF RPL) and validation.
- Modification of standard protocols for their usage within IoT domains.
- Lightweight security suites for communicating smart objects.
- Technologies for the native IPv6 interworking of smart objects (e.g., 6LowPAN).
- Lightweight approaches for data description (e.g., EXI).
- Lightweight signal processing techniques for smart objects.
- Communication paradigms for the Internet of Things (e.g., RESTful approaches).
- Virtualization of Wireless Sensor Networks or clusters of Sensors.
- Hardware solutions for communicating smart objects (e.g., IEEE 802.15.4e).
Submission Deadline: June 26, 23:59 CET
Notification of Acceptance: July 26, 2011
Camera Ready Due: August 12, 2011
Workshop Date: October 17, 2011
** See attached the PFD with Call of Papers information.