Call for Papers "INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON SELF-AWARE INTERNET OF THINGS Self-IoT 2012 in conjunction with ICAC 2012"
Self IoT- 2012 will take place in San Jose, California, USA on September 17th 2012.
The Self-IoT aims to be a reference workshop that will gather different scientific communities from academy and industry under one common objective: realizing plug&play, context-aware and autonomous Internet of things that will be self-configured, self-organized, self-optimized and self-healed without (or with minimum) human intervention.
The workshop is looking for novel ideas, works in progress or deployment experiences in application domains such as smart city, smart home/building, smart transport, smart retail and smart healthcare.
Topics of interest
- Software engineering for self-adaptive internet of things, model-oriented approaches, automated tools for development, deployment and supervision of IoT devices and services
- Autonomous IoT Clouds, self-provisioning of IoT Services
- Control theory in IoT, distributed control loops, decision making mechanisms, prediction models at run-time, learning from experience, relations with artificial intelligence techniques, multi-agent approaches for autonomic IoT
- Modelling environmental context and user behaviour, semantic IoT, self-adaptation to context
- Event-Condition-Action rules, objective functions, prediction models applied to the IoT, adaptation of techniques such as Bayesian networks, decision trees or fuzzy logic to the IoT context;
- Performance monitoring, diagnostics and self-healing of the IoT
- Plug-n-play IoT, IoT device/service discovery protocols, self-matchmaking of Internet of things and Internet of services
- Autonomic security and dependency management; robust and trustable IoT systems
- Self-organizing network protocols, ad-hoc routing mechanisms, cognitive networks adapted to resource constrained devices and lossy environments
- Autonomic experience in IoT applications such as smart home/building, smart transport, smart city, smart healthcare and smart retailer.
Important Dates and Submission Guidelines
Paper submission: June 15, 2012
Author notification: July 16, 2012
Final paper due: August 6, 2012
Workshop date: September 17, 2012
Papers should be a maximum of 6 pages in the two-column ACM proceedings format (paper templates can be found at http://icac2012.cs.fiu.edu/submission.shtm).
Papers can be submitted via the easychair using the following link: https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=selfiot2012
For more information, please refer to http://www.iot-butler.eu/events/15/self-iot-2012-international-workshop-on-self-aware-internet-of-things.